Where Is iTunes Music Stored?: iTunes is a media player application developed by Apple Inc.
Using iTunes you can download, play and organize digital multimedia files. Multimedia files include music, video and other files.
On this page, we have shared information on how you can find iTunes songs stored on your hard drive. We have also mentioned about how you can find your iTunes library files.
‘Where Is iTunes Music Stored?
iTunes library files track the new media that you add to iTunes. It also tracks the folders and playlist that you create. All these files are stored in iTunes folder. Now you might be wondering “How to find your iTunes folder?” the answer is very simple.
If you are a MAC user then you should go to the finder.
- Go to menu bar which is placed at the top of the screen.
- click on “Go”
- After that click on Home > Music > iTunes.
If you are a windows user:
- Go to
Note*: iTunes 12.2 or later versions are not supported by Windows Vista and XP.
How can you find iTunes songs stored on your hard drive?
- Firstly, go to the folder named as “user folder” inside your Hard Drive.
- Double click on the “user folder” to open it and then click on iTunes Music or iTunes media.
- If you have already organized your iTunes then you will find the songs within iTunes > Preferences > Advanced.
- If you haven’t organized it then you will find the songs arranged with the artist name in that folder.
- In case you don’t find the above-mentioned folder then go to iTunes and go to iTunes > Preferences > Advanced.
- You have to make sure that the option of “Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library” is checked.
abb abbHope you found this information useful.We regularly update the content of this site to provide the latest information.If you have any queries regarding this post please drop a comment below.