Whether its a WhatsApp group or a single user, the below methods will turn off notifications for all. Windows phone and iPhone have single method to turn off notifications whereas there are different ways to turn off notifications in WhatsApp for different Android devices.
Turn OFF WhatsApp Notifications:
Steps to disable WhatsApp notification on Android
The below method is for Samsung Android devices
- Open Setting in your Android phone.
- Choose the More tab.
- Look for Application Manager and tap on it.
- Choose WhatsApp.
- Next, set turn off show notification.
The below method is used in some of the Android devices to turn off WhatsApp notifications
- You have to first open the WhatsApp app.
- Next navigate to Settings-> Notifications.
- Now tap on Popup Notification and select No popup.
Another method to disable notification in WhatsApp on Android device
- Go to the Setting of your Android phone.
- Look for Apps and tap on it.
- Scroll down and look for WhatsApp, tap on it.
- Now uncheck the checkbox next to the “show notifications”.
Steps to disable WhatsApp notifications on Windows Phone
- Open Windows phone Settings.
- Tap on notifications+actions. It will take you to notifications settings from where you can hide WhatsApp notification in status bar.
- Next, look for WhatsApp and tap on it.
- Now switch off Show in action centre to stop showing WhatsApp messages on your notification bar.