How To Delete Your Twitter Account?: If you want to permanently show your back to any of the social media sites then the best option is to go for deactivation. If you are done with tweeting, subtweets and other fancy things that keeps you engage on Twitter it’s time to say goodbye to it. There might be several other reasons for turning it down but don’t worry as you will not be asked. In this post, you will find simple steps to deactivate/delete your Twitter account.
How To Delete Your Twitter Account?
Difference Between Deactivating and Deleting.
Deactivating and deleting are both different. Deactivating will notify twitter that you no longer want to have an account so it should start the process of deleting it. After deactivating your account Twitter will immediately remove your account data and place your account in the account deletion queue. After 30 days of Deactivating it, will delete it automatically and this process might take a week to be completed.
Caution*: Once you deactivate your account it will be erased and removed permanently from the Twitter. Things like tweets, followers, favorites and many such things will be gone permanently along with the account and your Twitter handle(e.g @Tricks11).
You can easily change your user account name, email id, password by going to account settings.
Follow the steps mentioned below to deactivate your Twitter account.
- Sign in your Twitter account through Web Browser.You won’t be able to deactivate it from the application.
- Go to account settings by clicking on your Profile picture on the top.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Deactivate my account’.
- Read the given information carefully and if you agree with it then click on the ‘Deactivate’ button.
- Enter your account password so that Twitter can verify that you want to deactivate your account.
Your account will now be deleted within 30 days.Some of the data might appear when Googled. Twitter has nothing to do with it.Google might have fetched it earlier and you can take it down by sending them a request to take it down.