How To Delete a Gmail Account: There are many reasons why one may want to delete a Gmail Account. This thought might be followed by many questions like “Will I be able to use You-Tube, Google etc. accounts?” or, “What will happen if anyone sends any important mail on the deleted email id?.”
In this post, you will get the answers to the above-mentioned questions and also we will tell you How To Delete a Gmail Account in a very simple way. If you are wondering that you will be asked too many questions and reasons for deleting your account then you can relax as it won’t. Just follow steps, few clicks here and there, enter the password when asked and you are done.
How To Delete a Gmail Account
Follow the steps mentioned below to delete your existing Email account and the Email id associated with it.
- Click here and you will be directed to Google account settings.
- Click on Delete your account or services. You will find this an option under Account preferences.
- Now, click on Delete Products.
Note: You can even go to Delete Google Account and Data for deleting all the Google related things like search history, Google Docs, AdWords and AdSense as well as other Google services.
4. Select the Gmail Account which you want to delete.
5. Enter the password when the pop-up window appears.
6. Now click on Next button and then click on Trash (🗑) button to delete.
Note: You can download and copy the content or, even transfer the content of one email id into another.
7. Enter a different email address rather than the one you are deleting. Enter it in “How you’ll sign in to Google dialog box.”
8. You might have entered a secondary Gmail account while creating a Gmail account. Google will consider it but when you enter a different email address in “How you’ll sign in to Google dialog box” Google will look up to this newly added id. So make sure you enter a valid email id which you can access later.
9. Click on Send Verification Email.
10. You will receive an Email from [email protected]
11. You will get a deletion link in the received Email.
12. From this link, log into the Gmail account you are deleting.
13. Click on Confirm Gmail Deletion. Under it select “Yes, I want to delete [email protected] permanently from my Google Account.”
14. Click on “Delete Gmail“
Note: Once you click on it you can’t undo that step.
15. Click on “Done” button.
What Happens To The Emails In The Deleted Account?
All the Email in that account are deleted permanently. You can copy them somewhere or into another account before deleting it.
What Happens When Someone Sends Email On The Deleted Account?
If someone mails you on the id that you have deleted they will receive back a delivery failure message.