Android 6.0.1 is not a major update from 6.0 as it’s only comes with some bug fixes.Google released its marshmallow 6.0 update. but the initial built is not perfect so they released the updated 6.0.1 version
If you have a Android One device which is running latest Android Marshmallow 6.01 and you want to root it then just follow the guide below on How to Root Android One Devices Running Marshmallow 6.0.1 Without Pc.
HOW TO ROOT ANDROID DEVICES RUNNING MARSHMALLOW 6.0.1 With Pc :
- Download the Modified file from here
- Copy the file to the ADB & Fastboot Folder
- Boot Your Device to Fastboot Mode
- Connect it to PC with USB cable.Make sure your computer detect it
- Now open the command window from the Fastboot folder and issue below command
fastboot flash boot android_one_6.0.1_modified_boot.img
- Then install TWRP recovery On your Android device (do a google search there are many great tutorial)
- Then Flash the Supersu Zip File From the recovery to get your device rooted
- Done!!!! Enjoy
HOW TO ROOT ANDROID DEVICES RUNNING MARSHMALLOW 6.0.1 Withou Pc :
Install Z4Root APK in your android phone. (Make sure that you have allowed Unknown Sources in Settings).
Open Z4Root app in your android phone now.
Click on Root button.
Wait for couple of seconds to make sure that Z4Root has completed it’s job.
Now, simply restart your android phone to root it without computer.
Above 2 methods Working fine in all 6.0.1 mobiles, if you have any problem with rooting your device. comment here.